Company: Avanti Computer Systems Limited
Position Location: Toronto, ON / Virtual North America
Avanti, a Ricoh Company develops innovative, award-winning Print MIS solutions that help print and communication organizations automate all facets of their business and cultivate a more meaningful relationship with their customer.
For over 35 years, our success has been based on the quality, caliber and passion of our people. Knowing that you are our most valuable resource, we consider it essential to provide a working environment where you can reach your full potential.
Each of our team members is given the tools and opportunities to do their very best every day. We value everyone’s input and foster a culture of open communication.
Since 1984, Avanti has been providing industry-leading and JDF-certified print management software to Commercial and In-Plant print shops. We have developed the most open industry solutions for Sheetfed, Web, Digital, Large Format, and Binderies with integrated modules extending from the Internet through to the shop floor, CRM, and invoicing.
With hundreds of implementations, Avanti has a proven track record delivering stable, reliable, integrated solutions to companies worldwide. We are a leader in best practices fostered in mutual trust, respect, fairness and honesty.
Isn’t it time you reached your full potential?
Reporting to the Development Manager, as Intermediate/Senior Developer you will work with an agile team of 4-7 software developers to deliver code efficiently and with quality, through collaboration and continuous feedback, using the Rapid Application Development tools, technologies, and best practices.
The successful incumbent will have a minimum 3 years of experience working with a team of software developers supported by a post-secondary education in Computer Science, Engineering or similar education. You will be highly professional with excellent ability to handle a variety of tasks and prioritize workload. Additional essentials of the role include; excellent communication skills, “get it done” attitude, strong attention to detail, highly collaborative with flexibility and willingness to take on new responsibilities.
PURPOSE / ACCOUNTABILITY
- Collaborates to deliver code efficiently with high quality and high performance
- Follows all development and / or maintenance related processes, methodologies and standards as established
- Assesses scope and produces reasonable estimates for development work
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with subject matter experts, project stakeholders, IT leaders and staff
- Suggest, plan, assist and execute projects to drive continuous improvements
- Enjoys working in an agile team and believes open and honest collaboration drives the best results
- Assist with client escalations to ensure issues are resolved to the delight of customers
- An attitude to improve continuously
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Strong knowledge of SDLC (Software development life cycle)
- Experience building robust customer facing products and services for a web SaaS application
- Expert experience in developing scalable applications for SQL or NoSQL databases such as Mongo, Redis, MySQL and SQL Server with a knack for tuning and troubleshooting performance
- Experience developing on Windows using tools such as Git, Eclipse and Jira
- Experience with continuous integration, automated testing and open source technologies
- Comfortable working in an agile development environment, juggling multiple deliverables with a ‘get it done’ attitude
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong sense of ownership and pride in all code delivered
- Experience with enterprise MIS or ERP systems an asset
- Development experience on Rapid Application Development platforms such as Servoy, Coldfusion, FileMaker, QuickBase or similar is a plus
- Completion of an undergraduate degree in Computer Science/Engineering/Technology or equivalent experience
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION