Sr. Reports Developer
Company: Avanti Computer Systems Limited
Position Location: Avanti’s head office, 251 Consumers Road, Suite 600, Toronto, ON
Are you a results driven marketer that’s at their best building and executing campaigns that drive new customer acquisition? Do you enjoy applying that passion across multiple marketing channels like trade shows, partner co-marketing, sponsored newsletter eblasts, webinar programs or targeted list campaigns.? Do you enjoy working collaboratively with sales; have a passion for continuous learning and working with and promoting a leading brand? If so, then read on.
Avanti is seeking an energetic, talented and creative Marketing Manager to build, run and manage our marketing campaigns and programs to drive leads and promote and position Avanti as a leader in the Print MIS space.
As our Marketing Manager you will be continually building and optimizing our current and new marketing campaigns to maximize new customer acquisition. From our sponsored newsletter programs to our industry events to our extensive webinar programs to building out new co-marketing programs with our strategic integration partners you will have the opportunity to apply your creativity and results orientation to help Avanti deliver against our aggressive growth plans.
Avanti Systems is an Independent Software Vendor (ISV), who since 1984, builds, develops and sells Print MIS software (management information system) to the Print Communications industry. Today, Avanti sells the award-winning Print MIS on-premise and cloud-based platform Avanti Slingshot® in North America and the United Kingdom. At Avanti, our goal is to help print service providers deliver more jobs, in less time, integrated into one powerful Print MIS platform. We connect islands of automation, eliminate breakpoints in workflow, and get customers the information they want – when they want it, and where they want it – easily. From order entry through to production and billing, Avanti Slingshot® enables our customers to work more efficiently, control their costs and move more jobs through their shop with ease.
Avanti provides employees with a supplementary benefits program. The benefits represent an important and integral part of each employees’ total compensation package. Employee benefit eligibility may vary based on employment status and or length of service.
Reporting to the Development Manager, as a Reports Developer, you will work within an agile team to deliver complex reports for a robust software platform with top quality.
The successful incumbent will have a minimum 5 years of experience supported by a post-secondary education in Computer Science, Engineering or similar education. You will be highly professional with an excellent ability to handle a variety of reporting tasks. Additional essentials of the role include; excellent communication skills, “get it done” attitude, strong attention to detail, highly collaborative with flexibility and willingness to take on new responsibilities.
PURPOSE / ACCOUNTABILITY
• Solid reports development and database/SQL skills with an eagerness to be part of a growing team
• Collaborates to deliver code efficiently and with high quality
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Follows all development and / or maintenance related processes, methodologies and standards as established
• Assesses scope and produces reasonable estimates for report work
• Develops and maintains effective working relationships with subject matter experts, project stakeholders, IT leaders and staff
• Suggest, plan, assist and execute projects to drive continuous improvements
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Expert knowledge of designing reports, writing and tuning SQL queries for those reports in tools such as Jasper Reports, Crystal or SSRS
• Expert experience with SQL Server
• Experience with Power BI is an asset
• Experience with tools such as Git, Eclipse and Jira
• Comfortable working in an agile development environment, juggling multiple deliverables with a ‘get it done’ attitude
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Strong sense of ownership and pride in all deliverables
• Experience with enterprise MIS or ERP systems an asset
Completion of an undergraduate degree or diploma in Computer Science/Engineering/Technology or equivalent experience
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION