Marketing Communications Manager
Avanti Computer Systems Limited
Are you a marketer that always aces it when it comes to writing? If you love writing, working collaboratively with sales, know how to tell a story, have a passion for continuous learning and enjoy working with and promoting a leading brand, then read on.
Avanti is seeking an energetic, talented and super organized Marketing Communications Manager to lead the development and execution of Avanti’s marketing communications plans to drive leads and promote and position Avanti as a leader in the Print MIS space.
As our Marketing Communications Manager you will lead, touch and write just about every part of our marketing communications efforts including print advertising and editorial, public relations, sales and marketing collateral and case studies, website and contributed content development, lead generation, branding, email writing, events marketing, social media, and channels marketing to help Avanti over-achieve on its aggressive growth plan.
In business for over 30 years, Toronto-based Avanti has been providing innovative Print MIS (ERP) solutions to the graphic communications industry. Avanti’s award winning Avanti Slingshot Print MIS solution helps print shops drive profitable growth by automating all facets of their business and helps cultivate a more meaningful relationship with their customer.
Avanti’s solutions are the most open in the industry, JDF certified, fully integrated and extend from print estimating through to production, CRM and billing.
Role Description: Reporting to the Head of Marketing, key accountabilities and responsibilities include:
- Lead Generation: Develop Campaigns for our Digital marketing team to execute. Reach our audience within the Markets we serve to generate leads for Sales.
- Planning: Own the development and management of the annual marketing communications plan, ensuring alignment with Avanti’s overall corporate goals and objectives.
- Sales Collateral/Support: Work closely with our Sales and Product teams to write and produce all sales collateral to support our different vertical markets, events, and sales activities.
- Marketing Content Creation: Lead the creation and production of content for Avanti’s marketing communications projects including website content, case studies, e-books, whitepapers and emails.
- Public Relations/Media Buying: Lead and manage Avanti’s strategic communication plan including PR, media planning and buying to maximize exposure in relation to key online and offline editorial calendars and to drive direct and organic traffic and leads to our website.
- Event / Trade Show Marketing: Lead and develop all marketing elements for Avanti’s participation in key events/tradeshows/Avanti User Conference to drive new qualified leads including show media buys, editorial and promotions, booth artwork, show collateral, lead collection and pre and post show marketing efforts.
- Brand Management: Working closely with the Product Management team, build brand equity and awareness of the Avanti brand, adhere to Avanti’s branding guidelines to ensure compliance with brand standards, and optimize positioning strategies to ensure maximum brand exposure for Avanti.
- Channels Marketing: Develop and support all partner marketing activities within Avanti’s channel community, working closely with our channel partner’s marketing and sales teams, to translate their goals into measurable marketing communications plans.
- Budget Management: Lead the development and management of the annual marketing communications budget.
- University Degree in Marketing, Graphic Communications Management, Business or related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years of B2B marketing experience in a similar role, including execution of events, advertising, social media, and channels marketing, ideally in a software (ERP) or professional services organization.
- Outstanding writing skills in all formats (brochures, press releases, long form content, emails etc.)
- Strong project management skills (planning, scheduling, managing priorities, meeting deadlines)
- Resourceful problem-solver, leveraging internal and external resources.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Strong analytical skills to provide detailed analysis on campaign results, including recommendations on opportunities for improvements.
- Strong negotiation skills to liaise with vendors and suppliers for marketing materials, including printing, promotional products, and event materials.
- Experience in the commercial printing industry would be an asset.
- Travel 3 or 4 times per year to support major events/tradeshow.
Position Location: Avanti’s head office, 251 Consumers Road, Suite 600, Toronto, ON
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION