Sr. Web Developer
Company: Avanti Computer Systems Limited
Position Location: Avanti’s head office, 251 Consumers Road, Suite 600, Toronto, ON
Avanti Systems is an Independent Software Vendor (ISV), who since 1984, builds, develops and sells Print MIS software (management information system) to the Print Communications industry. Today, Avanti sells the award-winning Print MIS on-premise and cloud-based platform Avanti Slingshot® in North America and the United Kingdom. At Avanti, our goal is to help print service providers deliver more jobs, in less time, integrated into one powerful Print MIS platform. We connect islands of automation, eliminate breakpoints in workflow, and get customers the information they want – when they want it, and where they want it – easily. From order entry through to production and billing, Avanti Slingshot® enables our customers to work more efficiently, control their costs and move more jobs through their shop with ease.
Avanti provides employees with a supplementary benefits program. The benefits represent an important and integral part of each employees’ total compensation package. Employee benefit eligibility may vary based on employment status and or length of service.
Reporting to the Development Manager, as an Intermediate to Sr. Developer you will work within a team of agile developers to deliver quality code with speed and confidence, using the Rapid Application Development tools, technologies and best practices.
The successful incumbent will have a minimum 5 years of experience supported by a post-secondary education in Computer Science, Engineering or similar education. You will be highly professional with excellent ability to handle a variety of tasks and prioritize workload. Additional essentials of the role include; excellent communication skills, “get it done” attitude, strong attention to detail, highly collaborative with flexibility and willingness to take on new responsibilities.
PURPOSE / ACCOUNTABILITY
• Solid development skills with an eagerness to be part of a growing team and both share, discuss and receive feedback
• Collaborates to deliver code efficiently and with high quality
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Follows all development and / or maintenance related processes, methodologies and standards as established
• Assesses scope and produces reasonable estimates for development work
• Develops and maintains effective working relationships with subject matter experts, project stakeholders, IT leaders and staff
• Suggest, plan, assist and execute projects to drive continuous improvements
• Enjoys working in an agile team and believes open and honest collaboration drives the best results
• Assist with client escalations to ensure issues are resolved to the delight of customers
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Experience building robust customer facing products and services for a web SaaS application
• Development experience on Rapid Application Development platforms such as Servoy, Coldfusion, FileMaker, QuickBase or similar
• Experience in developing applications for databases such as SQL Server, MYSQL or similar RDBMS
• Experience developing on Windows using tools such as Git, Eclipse and Jira
• Experience with continuous integration, automated testing and open source technologies
• Comfortable working in an agile development environment, juggling multiple deliverables with a ‘get it done’ attitude
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Strong sense of ownership and pride in all code delivered
• Experience with enterprise MIS or ERP systems an asset
• Completion of an undergraduate degree in Computer Science/Engineering/Technology or equivalent experience
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION